Sunday, May 11, 2008

Unwavering

How do you make everyone happy? How do you tell everyone what they want to hear?

You don't. You can't. You can't stand for anything if you do. You never will.

But I do. But I somehow can. But yeah, I'm not standing for anything.

I need guns, and I need to stick to them. There is so much more than hedging your bets; life is not worth living if that's how you live it. We all need certain things, and we need to be firm about needing them. We need to demand them -- of others, and more importantly, of ourselves.

In all honesty, I don't know where I stand. But if I would listen to my own advice, I'd realize that I just need to pick a place and be there -- wherever it is. Be there, unwaveringly.


------
"I want to walk worthy, my calling to fulfill. Please order my steps, Lord, and I'll do your blessed will. The world is ever changing, but you are still the same. If you order my steps, I'll praise your name."

No comments: